Juan Manuel Pazos
Areas of Practice
- Environmental law
- Natural Resources
- Administrative Law
- Mining Law
Juan Manuel Pazos is partner and head of the Environmental Area. He has extensive experience advising companies on this area.
He provides legal advice to companies and national organizations in natural resources matters, as well as in the management of licenses, permits, authorizations and approval of environmental management instruments for the development of investment projects in the mining, energy, hydrocarbon, transportation, industry, and agriculture sectors.
Also, he provides advice on legal audit processes in environmental and mining matters, in the implementation of environmental management systems, as well as in the analysis and compliance of environmental obligations in the planning, development, operation and closure stages to prevent environmental contingencies.
Regarding administrative litigation, he has an extensive and successful experience in the representation of penalizing proceedings against the OEFA, OSINERGMIN, ANA and other regulatory bodies.
He has been a Senior Associate in the Natural Resources and Environment Area at Rodrigo, Elías & Medrano Abogado, and head of the Environmental Area at Lazo & de Romaña Abogados.
- Bachelor’s degree by the Pontificia Universidad Católica del Perú (2008)
- Attorney by the Pontificia Universidad Católica del Perú (2011)
- X Curso de Especialización en Mercado de Valores (X Stock Market Specialization Course) organized by CONASEV (National Supervisory Commission for Companies and Securities) – (January 2009 – April 2009)
- Postgraduate Diploma in Mining and Environment Law from the Postgraduate Studies School of the Universidad Peruana de Ciencias Aplicadas – UPC (May 2010 – July 2010)
- Master’s Degree in Law by the University of California Berkeley (2013 – 2014).
- Certification of Specialization in Environmental Law from University of California Berkeley (2013 – 2014).
- Lima Bar Association
- Extraordinary member of the Civil Association Themis from the Pontificia Universidad Católica del Perú